Wednesday, December 21, 2016

It was several nights before Christmas....

We had my daughter and family over the other day for a very small pre-holiday get together. It was mainly an excuse for the guys to sit around and drink German Beer.  My daughter and her husband were stationed in Germany for 10 years, in fact my oldest grand daughter was born there.  I was lucky enough to visit them twice and it was fabulous!  So gorgeous, friendly, immaculate. etc.  And like we have gas stations on every corner they had a castle!  So they got used to the wonderful beer which can be hard to locate here.  When they do find a place that sells it they stock up.

Weihenstephaner Logo
Their favorite
While he guys were relaxing with their brews, I put the girls to work making Christmas balls.  All I can think of is the funny references to Christmas balls thanks to South Park's Chef's chocolate salty balls and SNLs Pete Schweddy's delicious Schweddy's balls.  Mine are also chocolate and delicious.  Mom has been making them for decades but due to ill health now it falls to me.  It really is a wonderful recipe and so easy to make.

The girls chocolate ball production

The finished balls


We had the girls open one small gift from us with the rest being saved for Christmas Eve. They were decorative boxes for each of their bathrooms which I filled with jewelry. 



The girls decided my Christmas village needed some added touches. So it now features matchbox cars and a drunk Polly Pocket puking in the fountain while her horrified friend looks on. 

Oh Polly I told you to stop at 6 Margaritas!

This brings back memories of my daughter Tara as a little girl adding matchbox cars to my little village.  No little village is complete without a wrecker towing a Ferrari out of the snow. Hey, it was his mistake to drive in snow, serves him right!

No comments:

Post a Comment