Monday, February 6, 2017

New Stuff /old stuff/ tan stuff/ gold stuff

It's almost spring and this girl has thoughts of: cleaning, sorting, organizing, throwing out.  Not very romantic. But it's time to get the yard in shape, outdoors cleaned up, pond and pool looking good, etc. And with every chore Jim complains that we were nuts to buy this place with all it's maintenance! Well duh, yeah we are a little nuts but we could not pass it up! We would NEVER find a unique place like this for sale ever, anywhere!   Every now and then domes come up for sale.  Usually they are one dome and not a complex/set of 4 like this one and many for sale are wood, which I think totally defeats the purpose of the strength of a dome, why wouldn't you want it to be concrete? Although the wood ones are much prettier, the concrete ones like ours look like space stations or igloos.

When it comes to maintenance I get the easy tasks as anything strenuous is way out of my ability level.  Usually it involves painting.  I had noticed that my little rustic display was looking pretty ratty so I hauled them into the garage to be re-furbished.   The wagon I gave a fresh coat of stain/sealer and the black accents were re-painted with Rustoleum.   My dad was happy I was doing that over as he said it looked really awful. Gee, thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed.😒  I didn't have any black paint so I used Kevin's black engine paint.  Not really meant for wood but it seems to be working just fine and went on perfectly.  I also painted the vent out take for the little bathroom, gave it a little steam punk vibe with gold accents.
Pump and wagon

Bathroom vent

Wagon

Fake water pump

When we bought this place it had cheap plastic blinds over the two sliding doors. We hated them and now two years later FINALLY had them replaced!  The living room now has a dark brown almost fur patterned blind and our bedroom is tan and has a refined basket weave design. Both are room darkening, and 1000 times better than the crap that was there before!  Not really sure why it look us so long to replace them, I guess we didn't think it was a priority so many other things needed changing.  The blind installer who came to put up our new blinds was shocked with the house. "I wasn't expecting this! This is the coolest thing I've ever seen"!  What? Like it's weird or something?   We usually get similar reactions and it's always fun to see the look on people's faces. 

Actual color tan with basket weave design


Basket weave

Chocolate brown tree bark pattern
Actual color is dark brown/ fur/tree bark pattern


We are also buying a little jet boat, not that two old people will be "jetting" anywhere, and just the other day bought a Toyota Highlander to tow the boat we don't own yet. Wishful thinking. But even if we didn't get the boat we NEEDED another vehicle!  We have used one car for the two years we've lived here and it's been hell!  When you live in the sticks and one person takes the only car the other person is STRANDED bigtime!  So that will be a huge relief to have another car to rely on.  

So that's what's new at the dome, until next time....     

No comments:

Post a Comment