Monday, February 13, 2017

Valentine's Day the cruelest cut of all

I have never been a fan of Valentine's Day!  It is especially painful when a person is not in a serious relationship and it seems like EVERYONE is in some human version of Noah's Ark. 😡

The absolute worst Valentine's Day ever was when once again I didn't have a significant other and was working at Target.  All of a sudden a Barbershop quartet stormed into the store carrying a bouquet of roses.  I love barbershop quartets so I followed them.  They were delivering their beautiful songs and flowers to one of my co-workers!  With every flowery song a.i: "let me call you sweetheart", etc,(ad nauseum) she would fain embarrassment, "oh please stop", she said meekly. YES PLEASE STOP! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP!, I screamed in my head.  Another female co-worker was crying, either because it was so beautiful or because she felt slighted like the rest of us.

This holiday is a commemoration of a Saint, Saint Valentine, who was beheaded on February, 14th, probably for inventing Valentine's Day.  That'll teach him!

And every store has oodles and oodles of butt candy. You don't have to be a cardiologist to know that a heart just ain't shaped like that.  In fact the heart shape was designed to resemble the reverse shape of a woman's butt when she is sitting.  The round parts going into the point of the waist. So you are buying your beloved candy based on a woman's butt!

When I started to date Jim I told him of the "barbershop horror" at Target. The next day while working I was called to the back room, there waiting for me was a biggest bouquet of roses I had even seen! It was so big I could hardly carry them!  It felt so good walking out of the store with my prize bouquet. Now I knew how others felt.  And Jim made sure I would never be slighted again.

Years later my daughter Tara gave me a reason to love the holiday. She was due mid-February and could pick any day, she picked Valentine's Day. So Kaity turns 11 tomorrow on a day I used to loathe.

We had a little celebration yesterday, birthday and Valentine's Day for the girls with gifts an a pizza and cake party, yes even butt candy. We also started a little archaeology dig going in the backyard.   We have found several things in the past, fossil shells, a fossil sand biscuit, a partially fossilized whole turtle shell, and a very pretty salt glaze vase!  But nothing this time other than some blackened pieces of wood pretty far down, maybe part of an ancient campfire.  Who knows what secrets the woods holds! it's fun to imagine!

The dig site





No comments:

Post a Comment