Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Good news/bad news

It seems everything is breaking all at once. We had to get our car repaired, my computer died and that had to be fixed and now we seem to have sprung a leak in the dome and it is seeping up from the floor. They say bad things happen in threes, I hope this is all there is!  I am expecting a costly repair. Let's face it nothing is cheap and easy in "Moon Base Alpha". Plumber dude is supposed to show up sometime today.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get sticker shock!

Mom and dad's "prom"

Recently they held a senior ( and then some) prom at mom and dad's retirement home.  And they were picked as prom king and queen!   Mom was so excited especially. They had both missed their senior proms. Mom missed hers as there were no guys left and dad was out on an LST in the pacific while his was being held!  So this was so fun and exciting for both of them. Mom was very popular at her high school and was President of many clubs, dad was a jock at his.  How things never change they picked a popular girl and a jock for prom king and queen.

Prom King and Queen -dad hated his hat he said it made him look like the pope

Since they both are having serious health issues right now I'm especially happy this was a nice little surprise for them.  At 91 and 92 we have heard for the past 10 years that this is the last Mother's Day, father's day, birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.  And we always joke about it and say one year mom will be right.  In light of recent events , sadly this could be the year.

Update on Kevin's weird genealogy results

A few blogs back I posted the hilarious results of Kevin's DNA test, 100% Nicaraguan.  We couldn't figure out how crazy those results were. We expected 100% French, not that!  Then while watching an old episode of Jack and Ozzie's World Detour I had a eureka moment! Ozzie had drank coffee just before taking his test and his sample was tan.  Jack threw it out and said you can't drink or eat before the test!  Knowing Kevin is a heavy coffee drinker I asked if he had drank coffee before taking his test and his mouth fell open! He said he did and the coffee package said 100% Nicaraguan!  I can't believe they got  DNA of a coffee bean! At least there is truth in their advertising, the coffee bean package said they were from there.  So they will be taking another DNA sample soon, a "clean" one.

The World's Best house guest

While the kids are vacationing we are watching Mr. Fluffy for them.  Mr. Fluffy is laid back, really laid back and doesn't care where he is as long as his needs are met.  He truly believes in his ancient Egyptian heritage and thinks he should be worshiped as a God. And it doesn't matter who the worshiper is.   He has been sleeping with us and at night is on bug guard duty and has corralled a few assorted critters meowing loudly so Jim would come take care of the problem.  Another time while I had my Cpap machine open to fill it with water Mr. Fluffy helped himself and I came back to find him drinking it.  After all everything I do is for HIM, he is a GOD.
Have you spoken to your cat about the dangers of catnip

Boating trips

Before the kids left we Jim and Kevin took Bri and Kaity out on our boat.  Since Jim is adamant that it is a fishing boat they did fish. Kaity caught some Kaity sized fish-little pin fish and other bait fish and Bri turned out to be real natural catching a good size black tip shark!
Bri and her Black Tipped shark

Just recently Jim and I went out alone on the boat and was the very first time it's been just the two of us.  He was so nervous about it but it went real well, no major problems. He loves it when I go fishing as I usually out-fish him and this time was no different. I caught big blue runner which if we had still been in Weeki Watchee anglers I would have been angler of the month! I would have received a framed certificate and had my picture in the paper!  Argh!  I also caught a lady fish which flew off the reel and went flying right through the boat almost smacking Jim in the head, a Remora those creepy fish that stick onto sharks and a small sea bass.  He didn't catch anything but had fun watching me.  Every time I see a remora I think of the "Far Side" cartoon with a shark looking at himself in the mirror with all these remoras attached to him and the caption is "the heartbreak of remoras".

Till next time....


Big blue runner

The Remora



No comments:

Post a Comment