Saturday, December 30, 2017

Another year bites the dust!

Yeah, another Christmas bites the dust! Two more days and we have a New Year, which I seriously hope is better than last year.  It seems like I just put up all the decorations and soon will be taking them back down.  Where did this year go?

Christmas was very nice with thoughtful parties given by Tara and one the next day given by her in laws. We thoroughly enjoyed both.  The girls liked everything we bought them with exception of the smart watches which cost the most and received the lightest reaction.  Note to self next year stick to things they ask for. 😉
Bri and her drone, aw oh neighbors look out!

Fun with bows

Kaity and her Wubble, still not sure what that is

My New Year's resolution started early, learn to sew!  Ruth gave me some lessons over Christmas and I have been trying to get used to it. It is getting easier.  My first two projects were super easy ones, a table runner and a candy roll pillow. My new project is sewing a pair of espadrilles, that looks a little tricky but with snow flurries predicted this week sandal season is way off!
My pillow project

Autumn table runner

I am getting the dadmeister back today. Ruth and Tommy have had him all week giving me and Jim a much needed break.  Not that he is all that much to handle but it is still the fact we have someone else in the house to take care of and look after. Tom and Ruth generally take him every other weekend but because Tommy had the whole week off they took him for the whole week.  They have been huge help to us and dad looks forward to his alternate home for sports therapy and pet therapy!
dad getting pet therapy

Tara and Kevin have two dogs and a cat too, so when I need pet therapy I go over there. Mr. Fluffy loves me and the feeling is mutual.  And the new dogs got accustomed to me right away.  One dog (Vanilla)was in my last blog, this time it's a picture of Susie rocking a Christmas bow.  Since there are no mutts anymore ( check the paper for insane prices on crossbreeds) I decided that Susie looked half Whippet and half Labrador , which makes her a Whipador.  Vanilla is a Shepard ,Shar pei mix, so I guess that makes him a Sheppei. 😕
Susie the Whipador rocking her bow

This new year we will hopefully soon finish painting the darn house! It is taking forever!  Yeah it's big and all and the weather is NOT cooperating! Now we have a cold front this week and maybe even flurries!  I wanted it done for Halloween, then Christmas, and now it looks like New Years is a wash!  Maybe it will be done by Valentine's Day? Speaking of red things just when we thought we were weird to paint our domes like mountain tops someone painted theirs to look like apples complete with stems!  Here's too originality!
The apple domes

No comments:

Post a Comment