Friday, February 9, 2018

Marvin the Martian says howdy

Trying to cheer myself up so I bought a lawn ornament from Toscano Design one of my favorite online catalogs.  They have the coolest most unusual stuff. So when I saw their crashed Roswell Alien it was love at first sight!  He is very realistic looking , sporting a welcoming wave and is a terrific addition to our whimsical house and yard. I named him Marvin after one of my favorite Bugs Bunny characters, Marvin the Martian who wanted to blow up the earth because it blocked his view of Venus.  Hmm, hopefully real aliens aren't thinking the same thing.

So he is cheerful and fun and I needed that, badly. Have gotten myself into a funk I can't get out of.  I don't know why, it is just a bad feeling, like a "disruption in the force".  I get them every now and then, had one before 9/11 and another before Jim's near fatal heart attack.  Who knows what the future brings I hope it is something I can handle.

Jim had some tests done the other day after having a truly frightening episode at home. This is someone who has had several frightening episodes including a massive (widow maker) heart attack and two seizures. Let's just say this was equal to them.  So of course I am nervous over that and hope everything is alright with him.

And of course I know so many out sick with the flu which is very dangerous this year.  And then there's dad who looks like the picture of health and has gained weight living with me but let's face it at 92 with stage 4 cancer a head cold could take him out never mind the flu.  I have been trying to limit our outings and have gone around with my Clorox wipes.

We did have a few errands to do today, a stop at the Va to update information and then to the registry to get him a handicapped tag for our cars.  Yahoo, primo parking for a change!

Even with not feeling well Jim is still working on the domes-sigh. Still a tiny amount  of painting left and now we are both having fun (NOT!) cleaning the screen dome screens and the pool screens!  Trying to get that area up to snuff for pool season which is right around the corner.

We are all looking forward to the Olympics and to get ready Tara, dad and I went to see , I Tonya, which is awesome! I really do feel bad for her with having everything that she worked so hard for taken away just because she listened to her dopey husband!  And she had an awful difficult life getting beat up by her mom, then her husband , and then the court.  Tara and I both laughed with the Nancy Kerrigan "why, why" scene. That seemed mean of us but she (Nancy) was an ice cold ice princess and sometimes we do like to see those people knocked down a peg or two.

Like on one of my favorite shows-Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Please someone please taken Dorit out to the woods and have her try and survive for three days with nothing!  She is the epitome of a spoiled, over privileged, obnoxious snob! Ugh!😝 But I had to laugh at the latest episode which showed Kyle's tiny dog humping the back of a much larger Golden Retriever who had a look of pure bliss on her face! That made my day! Thank you Kyle I needed that!



No comments:

Post a Comment