Sunday, May 22, 2016

Memorial Day Miracles


Patriotic display

My dad home on leave with his sister Jane

My 90 year old dad remembers WWII like it was yesterday and we have enjoyed and marveled at his numerous stories.

My daughter Tara and her husband Kevin


As we get set to honor Memorial Day and our military dead,  I can't help but think how incredibly lucky my family has been to have participated in nearly every war and all family members came home alive. That seems truly miraculous.  Some lost all their family so we feel blessed with good fortune and are very grateful.

Our family military deployed in war time:

Kevin Dumais: Iraq and Afghanistan
Tara Dumais:  Bosnia (twice) and Iraq
Kevin's dad Don:  Vietnam
Uncles Sonny and Bobby Gilbert:  Korea
Aunt Trudy and Uncle Lloyd: WWII
Dad WWII: Lst 734 in the pacific during the war and The Destroyer USS Stewart after
Clinton Tucker: WWI - Calvary
Daniel Gilbert: WWI
Moses Hoskins and William Hamlin:  Civil War-Northern side
Lewis H. York:  War of 1812
Nathaniel Gilbert : Revolutionary War



1 comment:

  1. I liked how you had all the facts way back to the Revolutionary War.

    ReplyDelete