Thursday, March 16, 2017

Let's all got to the snobatorium

With school out this week we are always on the lookout for fun things to do.  This weekend we went to an arts and crafts show in Tom Varn Park in Brooksville, FL.  I had driven by this park on numerous occasions but have never checked it out. It was really nice, large and treed, with cute turtle filled ponds and a great play area for the kids.  We enjoyed looking at all the unique items for sale. Of course my favorites were the steam punk fish.  Unfortunately with a huge price tag I really couldn't warrant bringing one home.  I don't know if this artisan won a prize but he was number 1 to me!

Fish powered car

Fish powered sub

They had a parrot rescue there as well and the girls donated money to which the parrot put the dollars in his mouth and shoved them in the donation box! How cute and they each got to feed him!
Parrot dropping money in the box

Kaity and Bri feeding the parrot from Parrot Rescue


I saw lots of things I liked but in the end we came home with icees and Kaity did buy a lacy wrist and finger bracelet.  I can't buy every thing I like, I like the minimalist style of my decor.  I've had tons of collectibles in the past and at our ages we need to look at how much do we really want and what happens if we die. Our kids will be getting rid of this stuff forever.  I really don't want that on my conscious.  Speaking of which:

Part 2: the snobatorium

Monday we went to Tampa International Mall or as we call it the "snobatorium".  Our version of Rodeo Dr. In Beverly Hills with many of the same stores: Gucci, Armani, Tiffany's,  Swarovski, Louis Vuitton, Tesla Motors, Neiman Marcus, Michael Kors and Nordstrom's.    The first two stores we walked into Gucci and Louis Vuitton didn't have any prices "on anything".  What's up with that??   How are we supposed to get sticker shock if there are no stickers???!   Hum.  I saw a really cute key chain with a mini Louis Vuitton bag on it, no price on that either. And like the old saying goes if you have to ask, you can't afford it! I was too embarrassed to ask the price of the key chain and if I just went a head a bought it and it was $200 I would be sick over it! Sigh😔 So we moved on to Gucci.  We decided to ask this time!  There was a stunning hot pink snake skin bag and silver dragon clasps!  Oh so beautiful!  The woman told us how much work was involved making it, had to be repeatedly dyed, etc, hum, I thought justifying the price? Price tag a whopping $3500!  The girls eyes grew as big as saucers. I tried to take in stride, I would walk around and "think" about it. Yeah right.  The next room held the "expensive" stuff. Huh? How pricey does one get that the cheap junk is several thousand dollars and the "good" stuff is in a locked glass case??   We didn't ask, but wondered if the gold and giant pearls embedded in the locked stuff was real pearls and gold, it must have been.
"after" Breakfast at Tiffany's

In front of Louis Vuitton


From there we went to stores that were brave enough to post prices and we all admired a pair of $800 jeans.  For that price they better make me look 5 sizes smaller!  We also walked in Tesla motors right inside the mall and the girls posed in the front of a Tesla frame.

At Tesla Motors
Then finally to the Cheesecake Factory, and no Penny wasn't working there.  They have pretty good food. I had the beet and goat cheese salad not wanting to go large if I wanted to share in a cheesecake.  After lunch we did buy two cheesecakes to share a chocolate anniversary one and the Tiramisu one which was fabulous!!


Then back home on the Veterans Expressway. It was chilly and rainy and the cars were crazy as usual, so glad I wasn't driving!  As the sun set in the west another fun day was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment