Sunday, March 12, 2017

The search for weird yard art

I am always searching for something unique for our yard. We already have a few things on a cool factor but I am looking for something REALLY odd.

The best example of yard art sat for years in the front yard of an antique shop in Dunedin Florida. It was a yellow submarine made to look exactly like how the Beatles envisioned it! Every time I drove by it I wondered if it was for sale. Well finally one time I drove by and it was gone. So obviously it did have a price and like the old saying goes you snooze you lose!
Similar to this one


Darn it, that would have been perfect! And a few weeks ago we went to an architectural supply place  that had an ox cart.  It was nice but eh, would need something in it and that sounded like too much work. 

The kids had this Friday off from school to start their spring break.  So Tara's husband Kevin found the absolute perfect place to take us all for the coolest of cool yard art!  It was on several acres out in the sticks of Inverness, Florida!  So many awesome things to look at and pick from I didn't know where to begin! 

The first thing I saw was a huge ICBM missile! Oh daddy please can I have one?  Yeah Jim just wasn't as excited about this as I was.  I should have been standing under it to show size, this thing was HUGE!
Every yard should have a missile

And there were smaller ones too. 

The next unique items were ancient anchors. One which had a tree grow over it. But they had some sans trees. 
Jim with anchor tree

Anchor tree

All I could think of the TVs pickers and how they would love this place. There had to be well over 2 acres of "just" antique motorcycle and bike parts!   Not my thing but fun to look at.

Acres and acres of bikes

Another item I liked was an old canon, not really old enough as I would like it but still pretty cool. I could imagine it in the front yard next to the walk pointing at the walk entry with a sign hanging on it 
"welcome".  😁

The welcome canon
There were completed arts which were ready to take home, no extra imagination required 
Chrome snake in mesh

Giant lizard
So many cool things to pick from! I did come home with a prize, not the canon, or giant anchor but a really old plow, which I need to spruce up a little to prevent it from further deterioration.  I already have a place picked out for it out front so I can sit on the front porch, admire it and wonder about it's previous life. 

Antique plow


No comments:

Post a Comment