Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Trump Drinking Game


Here we are with a new President and 4 years of God only knows what.😱  I decided to make a drinking game out of the inauguration and take a swig of wine with every stupid comment!  Since I have a low tolerance for liquor I expected to be out cold in 20 minutes.  But actually his speech was short and simple as he spoke to his supporters. He promised he would work for "everyone".  Does he really mean that as he was pretty adamant in the past about who his "enemies" were.  Basically everyone who DIDN'T vote for him.

I watched the whole shebang, all 6 hours of it.  There were violent riots, hundreds arrested, protesters galore and lots and lots of empty seats. And he takes office with the lowest approval rating of any president ever.  For someone who thrives on being loved I almost felt bad for him.  Because of the long delays due to the violence the parade was delayed over two hours. So the one thing I REALLY wanted to see I saw 10 minutes of before the station cut away to local broadcasts!  Argh😭  Donald Trump had been president a few short hours and already I was frustrated and upset!!

And there was the stunning Melania Trump by his side in her beautiful Blue coat, with matching gloves and matching shoes. Somewhere I envisioned a high strung fashion designer yelling "matchy, matchy" and falling into a seizure.  But maybe she wanted to play it safe and not stand out in a high profile way.  If that's what she wanted, mission accomplished.

With Trump the GOP gets their wish -total control.  Be careful what you wish for.  It could come back to bite you, anything that goes wrong and you are solely to blame.  If/when he makes his first big mistake I can then get the bumper sticker that says "Don't look at me I didn't vote for him." Little solace in a world gone mad.

I expect the liberal media to trounce Mr. Trump for the entirely of his term. Mr. Trump welcome to your nightmare!  And since he has already gotten upset and frazzled with questions by the press that he was not capable of answering I predict major health issues for him. Let's face it he is past 70 already, the oldest president elect ever,  is over weight with a big gut on him,  and has a type A personality to the max!   None of this being a healthy combination of factors.

In a way I am relived he won.  I don't have to defend my candidate for at least the next 4 years. And if the GOP was brutal on Obama they would have tortured Hillary!  Grandmas shouldn't be tortured they should enjoy their grandchildren and take them to theme parks, like I do.  I would have been worried sick for her for 4 years!!  I have enough health issues I don't need anything to make them worse.

It tickles me when people call Obama a do nothing president or Congress a do nothing congress. Seriously, they don't get why?   A Republican controlled congress trampled any good Obama wanted to accomplish to make him look weak and unproductive.  So as a result very little got done for the benefit of America.  I agree there should be checks and balances on a two party system but no one party should not have their rights and wants trampled for benefit of one party who doesn't even represent the majority of Americans!  Not a very fair system.

And Obama fielded all their demands and abuse with dignity and grace. Something that we will not see from Mr. Trump as it is blatantly apparent he can not take ANY form of criticism at all.   It ought to be an interesting presidency to say the least.   And I for one hope beyond hope that he will accomplish "something" that will benefit us "all".  It is now a waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment