Sunday, October 29, 2017

Clan of the cave people

The girls came over as planned Friday which they had off and we started our cave art project.  Tara was worried that maybe this would be a hindrance to selling it in the future.  If a potential buyer ever says that I will tell them buy a quart of paint and have at it!

The first step was to lightly sand the areas to remove anything shiny.  Then wipe it down and tape it.  I had bought some cave drawing art from Etsy.  16 pieces for $15 which I thought was a great deal!  They were all copies of the actual drawings in the french caves!
Cracks and my "tribal hand". We later added Tara and the girl's print

Kaity starting her painting. Gee, most folks get mad if kids paint on the walls.


Bri starting her wall

Big sister helping



I did the first paint step which was to paint in wall cracks.  Then we arranged our templates into interesting scenes. Once they were applied we painted around them, stippling 4 different colors of paint to try and get the cave wall effect.   My favorite figure is the mammoth!
Wall so far with mammoth, it will be carried down to the floor

Left wall so far, still need to add tribal hands


Our last step was to put up our "tribal hands" print.  I would like to include all family members eventually on our "tribe" wall.   The ones the ancient peoples did were fabulous and I wonder how they got theirs so perfect!  Maybe when that scene is done it will look nearly as good, hope so.



Cave art from the original masters
Tribal hands


In order to keep the cave theme I REALLY want the T-Rex they have for sale at Home Depot!  It was love at first sight.  I may have to wait for a used one though as Tara informed me all the Halloween stuff is put away! What's up with that? It's not even Halloween yet!  But anyway I could use him year round. After all nothing says Christmas like a 9 foot T-Rex wearing a Santa Hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment