Monday, October 23, 2017

I'm Chester, I work for Mr. Dillon

On October 14th I woke up in severe pain. My left knee wouldn't move and when I tried to move it the pain was excruciating.   I did NOTHING to cause it, didn't trip, didn't fall, didn't twist it, nothing.   Hmmm, very strange.  Went to an orthopedic doctor who thought it was a burst Baker's Cyst. I hadn't felt anything behind my knee and when it "bursts" the pain is supposed to radiate down. Mine was radiating up. Plus that pain is supposed to last 2 days. By the time I saw the doctor a week had gone by. 

I tried to make light of it so dad and Jim wouldn't worry as much. I told them I was Chester and I worked for Mr. Dillon. Anyone who grew up with "Gunsmoke" knows that reference.  Chester had a gimpy leg caused by an injury during the Civil War and he walked with a pronounced limp. In the mornings when I would hobble out of the bedroom I was greeted with "Good morning Chester" from dad and Jim.   Dad and I always watched "Gunsmoke" when I was growing up. My cat was even named Miss Kitty after Amanda Blake who played Miss Kitty the gruff saloon girl with a heart of gold.  It was a great show and held and I think still holds the record for the longest running drama on TV.

The other day I was feeling almost normal so I swam a little until I felt a pop and the pain was as bad as day one.  I know it isn't due to a bum knee or hip joint I have dad's hockey bones, yes diagnosed by a bone scan. They will never disintegrate.  So this is all very strange.  What is really frustrating😖 is that I can't do more around the house especially now that the weather is breaking and we are in for the beginning of "real" cold fronts. This is the time of year I love and love to be out doing things. I feel like a slug. 🐌 Hopefully this will all go away and I will be back to my hyper self.  The girls and I are doing an art project Friday here at the dome and I'm really looking forward too it. More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment